Weekend Project {Photobooks}

3.02.2012

Over the last few years, I've posted several of the photobooks I've created for our family here on the blog... I've had a few of you contact me, asking how I created these photobooks... I've been scrapbooking for years now... And I've always really enjoyed it... About three years ago, I began to wonder about using Photoshop to create digital scrapbooks... At the time, I had one little girl and another on the way, so the thought of creating on my computer and not taking up the amount of physical space that regular scrapbooking required was very appealing... I'm also a bit of a perfectionist and I love the flexibility of creating in Photoshop... 

After a wee bit of searching, I found a lot of free resources out there to get me started... I learned how to use layers in Photoshop (this is a great tutorial on layered templates) and my first photobook of our trip to Paris was born! Of course, the free resources only got me so far so I began shopping at some of my favourite digital shops... 

My top three favourite Digital Scrapbooking Shops:

I create all my pages in Photoshop as psd files... When I'm completely happy with them, I flatten and save them as jpeg files... I've used both Blurb and Shutterfly to publish my photobooks... I upload each page as a jpeg and then fill the entire page with the single image... 

If you don't have Photoshop (which is totally, totally worth the investment... It's used more than any other program on my computer!) Shutterfly offers some great options to create lovely photobooks with a scrapbooked look... Simply upload your photos and then drag and drop them!

I recently started designing my own line of digital scrapbooking papers and elements... My newest kit, Hanna is my favourite so far!
 New to Digital Scrapbooking? Design House Digital has a great tutorial to get you started! Why not give digital scrapbooking a try this weekend?

And don't forget, today is the final day to enter the giveaway for a print of your choice from 'Yellow Button Studio'... I'll be choosing a winner tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try digital scrapbook especially I'm really behind now. But I can't help being a hybrid girl. Thanks for the resources. I'll take a look at them in my leisure time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails